Rules for Public Access
The Lightship and its outside bar areas sit within Haslar Marina and public access therefore needs to be managed to ensure the safety and security of everyone. The public access is only granted based on individuals agreeing to comply with the guidelines below. All public using the restaurant and bar areas must make a booking on our online system so that we have contact details for everyone in case of any incidents.
The Haslar Marina Teams’ commitment to safety is every bit as important as our commitment to excellence. There can be no compromise with safety and as such, the following guidelines must be adhered to when visiting the Lightship. If there are any questions or doubts, then please ask before going onto the marina.
· Wear sensible shoes to minimise the risk of slipping or catching heals on the walkways Request access at the north gate and follow the instructions given
· Ensure any children are properly supervised at all times when on the marina.
· Be mindful of the tides on the South coast. This will alter the incline on the access ramps, making them steeper on a low tide.
· Be aware of the cleats and other trip hazards at the edge of the walkways and walk centrally down the pontoons.
· Be considerate of boat owners and other guests, particularly with regards to noise when leaving.
· Adhere to all signage on the marina.
· Identify yourself to the host when you arrive at the venue
Please do not:
· Wear leather soled or high heeled shoes on the pontoons, as the pontoons can become very slippery; particularly when wet or iced over.
· Climb on any building structures.
· Run or indulge in ‘horseplay’.
· Get over intoxicated whilst on the Marina.
· Push anybody in trolleys.
· Board any of the vessels moored within the Marina.
The Lightship - you, us, good food & drink, great surroundings
How to find us
From Gosport ferry terminal turn left and walk along the shoreline until you reach the Marina access gate. Request access and then proceed through the entrance straight ahead and along the pontoon until you reach the Lightship
If driving, we have a car park located at the main Marina entrance on Haslar Road.
Monday – 12:00pm till 10:00pm (No Hot Food available)
Tuesday – 12:00pm till 10:00pm
Wednesday – 12:00pm till 10:00pm
Thursday – 12:00pm till 10:00pm
Friday – 12:00pm till 11:00pm
Saturday – 12:00pm till 11:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm till 9:00pm
Tuesday – 12:00pm till 4:00pm & 5:00pm till 9:00pm
Wednesday – 12:00pm till 4:00pm & 5:00pm till 9:00pm
Thursday – 12:00pm till 4:00pm & 5:00pm till 9:00pm
Friday – 12:00pm till 9:00pm
Saturday- 12:00pm till 9:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm till 7:00pm
Open for drinks and sharing boards with fine weather
We are a cashless business, we can only accept card payments. We are not able to accept cash